With the much-anticipated arrival of monsoon season after the scorching summer, finally, we are setting into the climate changes. But we all know post covid, even the slightest changes in weather certainly have an ill impact on overall health. Let’s not forget that monsoon rain is known for stagnant water accumulating, and creating a breeding ground for viruses and bacteria. This is one of the reasons, the rainy season is likely to create room for vector-borne diseases such as dengue, eczema, malaria, common cold and flu, and chikungunya.
To keep yourself and your family protected from such waterborne and other infections throughout the monsoon, we have brought some amazing ways to keep yourself fuelled with a good immune system. Our immune system is made up of a network of cells that function in sync to protect your body from external and internal parasites such as viruses, and bacteria.
Reasons to boost immunity during the monsoon season:
- It is great to fight infections throughout the monsoon while making you less prone to illness.
- It helps to prevent chronic diseases in an individual with a weaker immune system, such as autoimmune disease, heart disease, cancer, and so on.
- It helps to keep you energized throughout the day while enabling you to be more productive.
- It helps to lower Anti anxiety, stress, and depression. You should also incorporate meditation into your regular routine to boost immune cells and release dopamine.
A strong immune system is of prime importance to lead an energetic and healthy lifestyle. Here are some amazing ways to boost the immune system during monsoon.
Immune boosting tips:
- Consume Vitamin C-rich food and supplements to void infections. Citrus acid is known to produce white blood cells in the body that help to combat various infections in the body.
- It is good to include high protein and fibre elements in your diet as they help to keep your weight under control. A healthy weight is the biggest sign of a healthy and positive mind and body.
- It is best to consume a low-sodium diet as high salt is known to weaken immunity by spiking blood pressure. Consuming high sodium diet attracts severe bacterial infections while accumulating body fat and slowly affecting the kidneys.
- It is the perfect weather to switch to herbal teas as it easily helps to keep your immunity at par. Your immunity boosting herbal tea should definitely include ginger, Tulsi, turmeric, and chamomile.
- Have a better sleeping habit which includes 8 hours of sound sleep at night. Taking good sleep at night helps to rejuvenate your body with tremendous energy and better metabolism.
- Last, but not least, ensure to indulge in regular exercise sessions as it helps to stimulate and develop immune cells.
During the monsoon season, it is crucial to stay safe and away from infections in excellent health. People with robust immune systems can achieve their goals better. Hence, ensure to keep yourself protected throughout the season with the above tips and other over-the-counter medications from Healing Pharma. Grab more details on generic and over-the-counter supplements from your nearest pharmacist.