This New Year is all about making realistic promises to become fit and healthy while ditching those long waits for ‘Monday Reset’. Some of the unrealistic goals are intended and designed in a particular way that the makers can’t follow them religiously for more than a week. If weight loss was always on your mind that didn’t work out, try this time altering the resolution to stay healthy and fit.
Being fit and healthy is no less than a lifestyle! If you wish to lose those extra pounds, you have to put in some real effort in your routine to bring about the expected change. We are not even telling you to follow a strict diet, or go on a high-intensity workout. Let’s start with small steps towards your big goal to stay fit this 2023:
- Keep a food log By keeping a tab on how much you have eaten, you can practice portion control. The next time you decide to consume some extra calories, your log will remind you – to stop, you just ate 40 minutes back!
- Wise food substitutions: No, no! You don’t have to stop eating food altogether. Know what is healthier for you, and choose the low fat-low calorie food over the unhealthy ones. For instance, fruits are healthy and serve as a quick snack. So, forget the fast food joints.
- One mile rule: Make all trips within a 1-mile radius on foot. Walk to the supermarket, or even ride a bicycle. But, refrain from driving a car if your errands are less than 1 mile away.
- Get moving: Get yourself moving whenever and wherever possible. Also, ensure tracking the number of steps you’ve walked and the number of calories you burnt in case you’d like a bit of motivation.
- Skip juice, eat the whole fruit: Eating whole fruits gives you more heart-healthy fiber than juices. Also, you will stay satisfied and full for a long thereby, avoiding unnecessary calorie intake in your diet.
- Sleep early: Research shows that sleep deprivation can lead to a speedy gain in weight. On the other hand, if you tuck in early to bed and have a sound sleep, you might be able to difference in your weight within a week.