With the recent news of celebrity deaths due to heart attacks, the fear of suffering from the same has created a lot of buzz. The ideal reason behind heart attack and such deaths are significantly due to choked arteries. Early diagnoses and the right treatment can gradually bring down the risk of a heart attack in an individual.
Speaking about the heart attack, it usually occurs when the blood vessel responsible to supply blood and oxygen to the heart abruptly starts blocking due to various factors. Many cases see the gradual effect and therefore, heart attacks are easily preventable in those cases. All we have to do is, start paying attention to the warnings and red flags to detect the condition as early as possible.
Early signs to detect blocked arteries:-
- Heavy chest, and exertion.
- Heavy and choking sensation
- Chest discomfort
- History of uncontrolled diabetes or hypertension
- History of smoking.
- History of heart issues in the family
How to diagnose blocked arteries?
Any individual who is experiencing the above conditions should immediately consult a healthcare specialist for further course of diagnosis and treatment. The doctor may ask you to get the ECG done to rule out a heart attack. Also, there are 50 percent of cases with patients prone to a heart attack had a normal ECG. To add further, the doctor may ask to undergo blood tests and echocardiography under the expert facility. If needed, the doctor may further suggest CT coronary angiography to evaluate the flow of blood supply.
Here are the treatment options
A lot of patients suffering from less than 70 percent arteries blockage can undergo medical treatment. Anyone falling above 75 percent blockage might need either bypass surgery or angioplasty.
Tips to prevent arteries from blocking
Prevention is always better than treatment. Hence, it is great if an individual can proper measures to prevent the risk of a heart attack. Here are a few preventive measures you should be considering in your life to save your arteries from clogging.
- Avoid consumption of tobacco in any form available.
- Do not consume alcohol. Consuming red wine in moderate amounts can prevent heart attack due to its high antioxidant properties.
- Work on controlling several risk factors such as hypertension, diabetes product, and high cholesterol levels.
- Consider undergoing regular health check-ups to identify and treat any kind of health disorders.
- Try different ways to deal with stress.
- Incorporate the habit of healthy eating.
- It would be great if you’d avoid excess consumption of salt, sugar, high-fat, and processed foods.
- Maintain a healthy body weight.
- Exercise regularly, or brisk walk for 40 minutes at least 5 times a week to stay fit.
A healthy lifestyle is a choice that we all should adopt. Take preventive measures to stay fit, and healthy and live life will all your heart.