Sore throat has been one of the common issues arising during monsoon. Although monsoon brings in respite from the scorching heat, it may also add discomfort throughout the season as it causes sore throat and common allergies. While suffering from such a condition, an individual may experience acute irritation and pain in the throat, trouble swallowing, cough, fever, and lethargy as well. Here are some tips to manage sore throat at home during monsoon.
To be precise, monsoons and fluctuating weather go hand in hand. It is common to experience a prevalence of viral and bacterial infections while making sore throat a common ailment.
Some Common causes of sore throat during monsoon:-
- Viral infections
Suffering from Viral infections is common during monsoon, and with such viral comes sore throat. Hence, you should take measures to stay away from such viral infections that are responsible for spreading such viruses.
- Bacterial infections
Streptococcal bacteria are generally responsible for strep throat, and it has good strength to survive in the moist and humid environment of the monsoon season. Hence, this is why people easily tend to experience severe sore throat symptoms during this season.
In monsoon, we naturally tend to be surrounded by several allergies and common diseases associated with the same. The increased level of moisture in the air in the rainy season makes room for breeding allergic throat infections, irritation, and soreness. When not treated initially, the condition may aggravate with time and worsening weather.
- Airborne irritants
Monsoon welcomes loads of pollutants and allergens on the ground with the rain while developing rare sights of respiratory issues, including infected throat.
Home remedies to treat sore throat
- You should try salt and warm water gargle at home to soothe throat infection discomfort at home. Although the result is not noticeable instant, you should do it several times in a day to reap its benefits.
- You can drink warm water mixed with one teaspoon of honey to achieve relief from throat discomfort. The antimicrobial properties of honey help to combat infection easily at home.
- It is crucial to remain well-hydrated throughout the day to keep the throat moist enough and reduce any kind of discomfort.
- You can try several other techniques, such as steam inhalation, to ease a congested throat.
- Always keep your diet well-balanced with a healthy amount of nutrients and fluids.
- Take steps to keep up your immune system by eating right and taking health supplements on time.
- Ensure to wear a mask while going out in the crowd to avoid any kind of transmission of infection.
- You can treat yourself to an herbal tea infused with ginger, Tulsi, and honey.
Such infections may take a toll on those who have weaker immune systems, including kids and elderly people. Even individuals with underlying comorbidities such as liver ailment, kidney condition, diabetes, lung or hypertension problems should take utmost care during this season. Ensure taking the necessary steps to keep yourself protected at home with natural home remedies. In case the condition arises or worsens, ensure to consult your doctor before the infection aggravates.